- RIP George B. Its so crazy how 1 family can be torn apart so damn quickly.
- Umm.. Don’t throw around the ‘Karma’ word.. An old man just fell in Greektown and a Bambalance just came.. He’s ok, but don’t say its Karma because the guy may or may not be a dick.
- Whilst I was outside checking the action out, this customer from the neighborhood was walking to catch the bus with her little daughter. She asked what happened.. i told her and then she tells me that her and her daughter were attacked near UIC on Roosevelt st. She was able to get away without getting robbed or harmed, but she said it was scary because she had her daughter with her. She said she ran into someones car and asked them for help… and they actually helped her.
- Looking down at the little girl while she was telling me this.. I felt bad for her.. so I ran into the store and gave her a pink Mati wrap bracelet.
- I had so much fun DJing before the White Sox game.. and props to the organization for giving me 4 awesome seats and 2 awesomer parking passes.
- I came to the realization that I could live inside a mlb park for the rest of my life and i’d be happy. I felt so relaxed and calm there.
Why do I love being Greek? One of the reasons… think of all those times when you have a layover on your way to Greece, and you hear someone talking Greek, no matter if you’ve never met them before, you’ll go and talk to them.
Last night, I went to a Greek cafe on the northside with my wife and my best friend.. there were quite a few tables of eastern european people around, and this older Greek couple came and sat at the table across from us.. Once the old man heard us talking Greek, him and his wife started talking to us.. it was cute.
- Why do people need to treat their fb status’ as a freakin diary? ‘Well, today I woke up, and ate this.. and then.. and then…’ get a journal.
- Related: remember when twitter first came out, everyone was saying how they don’t care what you had for lunch and how dumb it was? Isn’t instagram mostly photos of food anyway?
- I was trying to parallel park today, and a guy on a bike got pissed I was in his way and threw a plastic apple at my car.
- a plastic apple.
- Who leaves their house in the morning and takes a plastic apple with them, just in case they need it??
- Also… Who else writes out posts almost in their entirety and then deletes them cuz you changed your mind? Only me? Oh.. ok.
So I’m sitting outside my store, and this hipster white kid is walking up and down the block. I noticed him only because he had one of those ‘inter-office mail envelopes folded in his pocket and the other end was sticking out of a hole in his jeans. It looked like a sword. Anyway, he asks me where the nearest starbucks is, and then starts walking the opposite way I told him to go. He turns back and goes to me, ‘you wouldn’t want to help me change my life, would you?’ I go, uhhh.. Excuse me? He then tells me that a girl he knows is staying at the hostel down the street, and he got robbed (he made it a point to show the rip in his jeans, but I got polo jeans that I bought that are ripped up so I don’t believe you).. Anyway, so he got robbed, and all his shit got taken, but he wants to borrow a computer or a phone to go on facebook and get this girls number to call her. The whole time he was saying this, he was looking away from me, and at times with his back to me. I’ve never had someone walk up to me on the street and ask me to log into facebook. To use my phone to call someone, sure. But facebook? Apparently he has money to buy coffee, he just passed by twice while I was typing this with a venti something. He didn’t say where he was from, I asked him but he couldn’t look at me when he said it and was mumbling. *i titled this post after a Makropoulos song I was ironically listening to while this happened… Ironic cuz, ya know, he probably hasn’t taken his Xapia.
UPDATE:: I saw the guy again today, sprawled out in front of a retail space for rent, with his shoes off and a cup of water… maybe he really does know someone staying at the hostel.
It felt kinda good walking into a cafe in #Greektown yesterday and hearing 2 people talking about me and saying that i’m the nicest person down here.
- Me: I was given a bottle of white wine, a small plate of glyka, and a $50 tip.
- My brother: Wait,THATS how they paid you?
- Me: No you frickin idiot, they paid me ahead of time, that was part of my tip.
- My brother: Oh, I thought it was a barter kings situation.
Have you ever been in one of those sad moods where little shit bugs you? Yeah. That’s me right now.